Dear User

Microsoft no longer supports your version of the Internet browser and no longer provides it with security updates. As a result, it is also no longer possible to use modern web technologies that are required for the Vienna Airport website you are accessing.

If you want to use this page correctly and with full functionality, please switch to a current version of your Internet browser.

If you are using Internet Explorer 10 or higher and receive this message, please deactivate the compatibility mode for our site.

Yours sincerely,

Your Vienna Airport Team

Emergency passport

Have you forgotten your passport at home, lost it or has it expired? No problem. We will issue you with an emergency passport that is valid for the duration of your trip.

Information for the issuance of an emergency passport

  1. You appear in person and are an Austrian citizen
  2. You carry a photo ID with you (e.g. driving licence)
  3. You have a valid boarding pass and your journey is imminent.
  4. You bring a passport photo (maximum 6 months old) or you use the photo machine in Terminal 3 (directly at the ID-Card Office)
  5. Cost of the emergency passport: € 75,90
  6. Attention: Not issued for the first time
  7. Children up to 12 years: € 30,00
  8. Validity: Duration of trip

The emergency passport service is available around the clock.

Passport, identity card, pet passport and visa


Your passport is valid worldwide and must be valid for three months beyond your intended departure date for non-Schengen countries and must have been issued within the last ten years.

Identity card

You may travel within the Schengen area with a valid identity card. A driving licence is not an identity card.

Pet passport

Dogs or cats need a "passport": the EU pet passport for all trips abroad. You can get this from your vet.

Entry visa

EU citizens and Schengen citizens do not need an entry visa for Austria, as do various other countries in the world with bi- and multilateral agreements, provided you do not stay in Austria for more than 90 days.

Non-Schengen citizens need one of the following visas:

Travel visa Explanation
Travel visa - Visa C This entitles the holder to enter the Schengen area and to stay for a maximum of 90 days within six months.
Residence visa - Visa D With this visa, you may travel throughout the Schengen area on 90 days in six months or stay between three and a maximum of six months (180 days) in one of the Schengen countries.
Transit visa - Visa A This entitles you only to stay in the transit zone of the airport - entry into Austria is not permitted.Ein Visum beantragen Sie bei der österreichischen Vertretung in dem Land Ihrer Staatsbürgerschaft. Informieren Sie sich bei der Behörde oder dem Bundesministerium für Inneres.

The Schengen area

As a traveller, you can identify yourself within the Schengen countries with a passport or an identity card. The Schengen area has existed since 1995 and refers to an area of 26 European nations (mainly EU states) that agreed on the free and unrestricted movement of people, goods, services and capital during negotiations in Schengen.