CORONAVIRUS PCR TESTS NOW POSSIBLE AT VIENNA AIRPORT
Vienna Airport now offers passengers the possibility to undergo molecular-biological COVID-19 testing (PCR test) at the airport. The test findings are available within a period of about three to six hours.
In contrast to antibody tests, PCR tests are designed to verify the existence of a COVID-19 infection. The results are only valid for the present time. For this reason, the possibility of coming down with the virus at a later time cannot be excluded.
What the advantages of being tested?
In accordance with valid government regulations, persons travelling to Austria at the present time must either present a medical certificate which confirms negative COVID-19 test results (PCR test not older than four days), or else they are required to begin a 14-day quarantine.
If a PCR test is made during the quarantine and a negative COVID-19 result is obtained, the quarantine periods can also be prematurely terminated.
Passengers departing from Vienna Airport can use the medical certificate from the COVID-19 test to prove that they are not
infected with the coronavirus.
Note: The validity depends on entry requirements and is subject to the approval of the national authorities at the respective travel destination.Travellers are strongly advised to inform themselves about the currently valid entry and health regulations in the respective countries before starting their journey.
Only the authorities of the respective country can provide you with the information, but not the Health Center Vienna Airport.
How is a PCR test carried out?
The PCR test is implemented quickly and easily.
- First you arrange for an appointment by contacting the Health Center Vienna Airport directly, either by calling the telephone
number +43-1-7007-24906 (DE/EN) or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the large number of enquiries, there will be longer waiting times on the phone and for answers to your e-mail.
- Opening hours by appointment: Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The price for the test inclusive result is EUR 190,- (price incl. VAT) and has to be paid exclusively by bank or credit card on site.
- Specimens for the PCR tests are taken from deep inside a person’s throat or nose.
- The tests results are available within a period of about three to six hours* and will be sent to the tested persons. In exceptional cases, the result can also be picked up personally**.
- Test until 10:00 a.m. - Health certificate until about 2:00 p.m.
- Test between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon - Health certificate until about 4:00 p.m.
- Test between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. - Health certificate until about 6:00 p.m.
- Test after 2:00 p.m. - Health certificate until about 10:00 a.m. of the following day
- Test before 12:00 noon - same day pickup time from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Test after 12:00 noon - pick up time the following day from 10:00 a.m. - if open (please note the opening hours).
Who can take advantage of the PCR test offering?
The test offering is for all passengers from Vienna Airport as well as anyone else who is interested.
It is absolutely necessary to make an appointment in advance in order to avoid close contact with other customers when undergoing a COVID-19 test.
Where can I get myself tested?
The tests will take place directly at Vienna Airport in the Office Park 3. Registration is only possible on the ground floor. The Office Park 3 is the building between the NH Hotel and the Tower. The registration is accessible via a street-side entrance.
The closest parking facilities are in the garage of Office Park 2 (Austrian Airlines building) or in car park 4.
If the test findings are positive, the tested persons are promptly notified by phone. In addition, the positive test results have to be reported to public authorities in line with existing regulations.
Tests are only carried out on people without any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough) or who have not had contact with a person potentially infected with the COVID-19 virus. Customers who already show COVID-19 symptoms or have had contact with a potentially infected person should stay at home and get in touch with the health hotline by calling 1450 (only applies within the Austrian telephone network).