CORONAVIRUS PCR TESTS NOW POSSIBLE AT VIENNA AIRPORT
Vienna Airport offers passengers the possibility to undergo molecular-biological COVID-19 testing (PCR test) at the airport. The test findings are available within a few hours.
In contrast to antibody tests, PCR tests are designed to verify the existence of a COVID-19 infection. The results are only valid for the present time. For this reason, the possibility of coming down with the virus at a later time cannot be excluded.
What the advantages of being tested?
Passengers departing from Vienna Airport can use the medical certificate from the COVID-19 test to prove that they are not infected with the coronavirus.
Note: The validity depends on entry requirements and is subject to the approval of the national authorities at the respective travel destination. Travellers are strongly advised to inform themselves about the currently valid entry and health regulations in the respective countries before starting their journey.
Only the authorities of the respective country can provide you with the information, but not the Health Center Vienna Airport.
Persons currently entering Austria are subject to various regulations due to the COVID 19 pandemic. A mandatory PCR test is required when entering Austria from certain countries. Any quarantine obligations can also be avoided with such testing. You will find the specific entry regulations on the website of the Ministry.
How is a PCR test carried out?
The PCR test is implemented quickly and easily.
- During our registration times (Monday to Sunday from 07:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. you can come directly to the registration desk in the Office Park 3. Advance registration per telephone or email is not possible. Please note that there may be waiting times depending on the number of passengers. If the interest is at a very high level,
the registration can be closed at an earlier time.
Kontakt Health Center Vienna Airport:
- Tests will be taken during the following periods: Monday to Sunday from 07:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The samples are taken deep in the throat (throat swab).
- The price for the test inclusive result is EUR 120,- (price incl. VAT) and has to be paid exclusively by bank or credit card on site.
- The tests results are available within a few hours*. For weekend tests, the result is available the following day.
- The tests results will be sent to the tested persons.
- Test completed by 1:00 pm - Medical Certificate on the same day until 11:00 pm
- Test is taken after 1:00 pm - Medical Certificate on the next day until 4:00 pm
- Test on weekends or holidays - Medical Certificate on the next day until 4:00 pm.
Who can take advantage of the PCR test offering?
The test offering is for all passengers from Vienna Airport as well as anyone else who is interested.
Children are tested from the age of 6.
Where can I get myself tested?
The tests will take place directly at Vienna Airport in the Office Park 3. Registration is only possible on the ground floor. The Office Park 3 is the building between the NH Hotel and the Tower. The registration is accessible via a street-side entrance.
The closest parking facilities are in the garage of Office Park 2 (Austrian Airlines building) or in car park 4.
If the test findings are positive, the tested persons are promptly notified by phone. In addition, the positive test results have to be reported to public authorities in line with existing regulations.
Tests are only carried out on people without any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough) or who have not had contact with a person potentially infected with the COVID-19 virus. Customers who already show COVID-19 symptoms or have had contact with a potentially infected person should stay at home and get in touch with the health hotline by calling 1450 (only applies within the Austrian telephone network).