A professional partner in the centre of Europe!
The freight area of Vienna Airport offers professional and independent freight services in the heart of Europe. The quality and efficiency of the services and the modern freight facilities close to the apron guarantee rapid and flexible handling.
The advantages of Vienna Airport are evident:
- traditional east-west transfer point and central European node
- most important airport in the region
- short aircraft handling times
- excellent flight connection network within Europe
- perfect transfer concept
- no night flight restrictions for category III aircraft
- 76 airlines
- over 240 directly served destinations worldwide
- over 2,500 scheduled flights per week
- leader for eastern European destinations
- direct and rapid connections to all parts of Europe
No other airport in central Europe offers such a dense and reliable network of road feeder transport to and from eastern European cities. Vienna is the most easterly freight handling airport in the European Union from and to south-east Europe.
There are regular scheduled road services and rapidly available ad hoc transports if required. These are specially designed to reduce transport times and are ideally tailored to the demands of industry. Vienna Airport also has direct access to a motorway network to destinations in both western and eastern Europe. It is close to a number of major cities in the east and the west.
Distances from Vienna Airport to European cities:
Vienna city centre
| || |
Modern data transfer
The infrastructure is in line with the latest data transfer standards, connecting all partners in the transport chain by wireless LAN, bar-coding and Edifact.
Vienna Airport is a certified EU entrance airport for:
- meat and meat products
- fish and fish products
- live animals