Airline offices and counters
Offices can be rented in the administrative buildings and in the terminal close to the apron.
Sales/ticket counters can be rented in the central passenger terminal.
The Aviation Terminal Operations team handles your requirements and is available for any queries you might have on +43-1-7007-28804.
Flughafen Wien AG has its own telecommunications department available 24 hours a day. Our range of services includes:
a) telephone, fax, mobile phone, walkie-talkies and SITA lines provided by
Flughafen Wien AG
- various telephone sets tailored to individual customer requirements
- authorisation to operate SITA lines must be obtained from the Vienna branch of SITA, Mariahilferstraße 123/3, 1060 Vienna, +43 1 59999-0; you can also contact the Flughafen Wien AG Aviation Terminal Operations team for assistance in applying.
- fax (if required) must be provided by the customer itself.
b) Handsets, exclusively operational on the airport premises, are available and can be provided by Flughafen Wien AG.
c) Company radion frequency with walkie-talkies if needed must be provided by the customer. They must be registered with the BMVIT ( www.bmvit.gv.at) . The Flughafen Wien AG Aviation Terminal Operations team would be glad to assist.
d) SITA/CUTE is available at all 107 check-in counters.
Apron handling services at Vienna International Airport are provided by Flughafen Wien AG with its own equipment and staff. The handling services offered include:
- baggage handling based on a wireless baggage reconciliation system
- passenger transport to and from the aircraft
- loading and unloading of baggage, freight and mail
- cabin cleaning
- toilet and water service
- unloading, loading, storage and transport of catering
- start-up support
- aircraft de-icing including final check
Standards and content of services comply with IATA standards in accordance with the Airport Handling Manual (AHM).
The Vienna International Airport staff offer a fast and professional 24-hour service. The traffic handling services of Flughafen Wien AG comply with the conditions and requirements of the individual airlines and are provided in accordance with the IATA Airport Handling Manual.
- loading control
- meteorological information
- Notam services
- crew briefing
- start-up und push-back support
The traffic handling services are provided by Flughafen Wien AG with its own equipment and trained and certified staff.
The following companies also offer traffic handling services at Vienna Airport:
Aircraft maintenance (AUA + KLM)
Aircraft maintenance services at Vienna International Airport are offered by the following companies:
Contact: Mr. Peter Babunek
Contact: Mr. Pete Versteegen
A special unit of the federal police is responsible for security at Vienna International Airport. It is supported by the Crane anti-terror unit, equipped with helicopters, armed vehicles and the latest equipment.
Security services connected with passenger handling are provided by the following public and private companies:
VIAS - Vienna International Airport Security Services GesmbH
- control of hand luggage and passengers as a vital component of passenger security
- special security requirements e.g. passenger check-in screening, passport control and visa requirements, additional security measures while the airport is on block
- hold baggage screening on request of the airline
Contact: +43-1-7007-22274, www.vias.at, SITA: viefw7x
ICTS / LIS SicherheitsberatungsgesmbH
- contractually agreed services in accordance with airline requirements
Contact: +43-1-7007-35587 or 35588
Fire brigade / emergency service
The fire brigade and emergency service at Vienna International Airport is located at two independent sites and is on call at all times. All points on the runways, taxiways and apron area can be reached from these sites within three minutes. It is responsible for salvaging damaged aircrafts of all sizes. The members of the unit have the latest fire-fighting tools, salvage vehicles and equipment.
Clinic / medical care
The medical centre at Vienna International Airport is next to the domestic gates in the central terminal area. It is staffed 24 hours a day by doctors, first aiders and trained nurses. It is also a WHO-approved vaccination centre in which all vaccinations and travel medicine advice are available 24 hours a day.
Vienna International Airport has its own refuelling system operated by FSH Flughafen Schwechat Hydrantengesellschaft. Contact: Mr. Winkler, +43-1-7007-35836, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skytanking - Austrian Airlines refuelling service
Contact: Mr. Schulze, Phone: +43-1-7007-37597
ARC Aircraft Refueling Company Ges.m.b.H. Refuelling service for all other airlines (representing oil companies Agip, Air BP, Exo Mobil, Shell, OMV, Air Total)
Contact: Mr. Schmidt, Phone: +43-1-7007-32723
Contact: Mr. Michael Sattler